In order to create a smoother and easier experience for our users, we’ve forked the Uniswap frontend in order to create an exchange on our platform which allows us to list our own tokens while maintaining Uniswap’s liquidity. The process to exchange tokens in our exchange is very similar to Uniswap’s, only much more convenient as it’s built with social money at heart. See the process below.
1. Head over to Roll’s exchange and click “Connect to a Wallet” on the top right corner.
2. Select the wallet you want to connect with from the ones on the popup window. We’re going to use Metamask in this case.
3. You’ll be prompted to sign a message to connect your wallet with Uniswap. Click on “Connect”. Note that connecting your wallet to Roll’s exchange doesn’t require gas.
4. After you connect your wallet, a window will show you your account details. Close that to get back to the main page. You can always open it again by clicking on your address at the top right corner.
5. Click on the dropdown menu in the right hand side of the “Input” bar to select the token you want to exchange.
6. Select the token you want to exchange from the dropdown menu. We’re going to exchange HUE in this example.
7. Now do the same for the “Output” field to select the token you want to receive. We’re going to select SKULL for this example.
8. Fill in how much HUE you want to exchange (in the input field) and it will automatically fill in how much SKULL you’re going to receive (in the output field). Keep in mind that it also works in the opposite direction. You can fill in how much SKULL you want to receive and it will automatically fill in how much HUE you have to provide. Once that is done, click on “Swap”.
9. A popup will appear asking you to sign the transaction. Once you do, the transaction will initiate. It might take some time for the token to appear on your wallet based on network traffic. Keep in mind that this transaction does requires gas.