If you want to further support your favourite creator’s social money, you can do so by adding liquidity to their social money through Uniswap. And on top of that, you get to earn some ETH through a proportional share of the transaction fees for the pair you add liquidity to.
See the process below.
1. Head over to Uniswap’s exchange and click “Connect to a Wallet” on the top right corner.
2. Select the wallet you want to connect with from the ones on the popup window. We’re going to use Metamask in this case.
3. You’ll be prompted to sign a message to connect your wallet with Uniswap. Click on “Connect”. Note that connecting your wallet to Uniswap doesn’t require gas.
4. After you connect your wallet, a window will show you your account details. Close that to get back to the main page. You can always open it again by clicking on your address at the top right corner.
5. On the toggle menu, click on “Pool”, and then press on “Select a token” to select which social money you want to add liquidity to.
6. In order to select social money, you have to fill in the contract address for the social money you want in the search bar (click here if you don’t know how to find it). We’re going to use MM in this example.
7. The first time you interact with a token, you’ll have to “Unlock” it. This action only has to be done once per token.
8. You’ll be prompted to sign the transaction. Keep in mind that unlocking tokens has a small fee.
9. Fill in how much liquidity you want to add by depositing ETH or MM. You only need to fill one of the two “Deposit” fields and it will automatically fill the other one with the appropriate amount. Once that is done, click on “Add Liquidity”.
10. A popup will appear asking you to sign the transaction. Once you do, the transaction will initiate. It might take some time for the transaction to go through based on network traffic.